Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Living Simply


... Late nights, its quiet. Its just you.
I find myself here a lot lately... more than id wish.
There are nights when I could use a nice conversation
or a good laugh.
Many nights, i just want to be held and feel another warm body next to mine.
I long to feel that strong, but gentle embrace of a man.
Ahh... but its just me. No one else
So I try to make the best of it or else ill just sit there 
and listen to the all the thoughts running in my head
Last night, I took a nice warm shower and put on my favorite pajamas.
I love the feel of fresh cool linen... makes me feel all fuzzy
I grabbed my favorite bear, Barnsie, and put on The Backup Plan.
I laughed so hard my belly was aching by the time the movie ended.
I fluffed my pillow, took a deep breath, smiled, and fell fast asleep.
Bless my little Barnsie, he keeps me company many nights.

Im learning to live simply.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Often, we sit and over analyze every detail!
Drive ourselves crazy really
but who cares
just let it all go, take a deep breath, smile, and live simply
the world is unfolding just as it should.
Where you are may not be where you want to be,
but you can make the best of it
until you get where you're trying to go.
Wishing you simplicity, butterflies, and shimmery things that make you smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment